Vehicle Insurance

When it comes to insuring your vehicle, we insure more than just automobiles: We also specialize in covering motorcycles, ATV’s, RV’s, boats and jet skis.

Auto Insurance Made Easy

Get the money-saving auto insurance you need from an insurer with a great track record — just enlist our agency to shop for you! We are agents for multiple A-rated companies to ensure your future policy is tailored to reflect your needs as well as your budget.

We provide a wide range of auto coverages, deductibles and discounts. Below is a brief guide to make it easier for you to understand what we have to offer when it comes to car insurance.

In most states, including Texas, auto liability coverage is mandatory and all other coverages are optional. If your car is leased or financed, you may be required to have certain coverages. Give us a call to get a clear and definite idea of the coverages you are responsible for in Texas based on your vehicle type.

Bodily Injury and Property Damage (BI/PD) liability covers your legal liability – up to the limits you select – for damages you cause during an accident. If you get in an accident that’s covered by your policy, your insurance company can pay for a lawyer to defend you.

You can choose your liability limits as either Split Limits or a Combined Single Limit (CSL). Split Limits divide Bodily Injury liability limits per person and per accident. (For example, $100,000/$300,000 means that your policy will pay for up to $100,000 for Bodily Injury liability per person in a covered crash and up to $300,000 total bodily injury per accident.) For Property Damage, your policy will pay up to the limit you select per accident. If you choose CSL, your liability coverage will be combined into one total limit per accident ($300,000).

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage pays for damages that you are legally entitled to receive as compensation for your bodily injury and / or property damage. In general, this coverage pays for what you would have received from the other person’s insurance company if that person had insurance. This coverage may also protect you if the person who caused the damage does not have enough insurance. Currently the state liability minimum is 30/60/25 (which is $30,000 bodily injury per person with up to $60,000 per incident, plus $25,000 property damage). If someone hits you who has the state minimum – or none at all – but you have more than $30,000 in bodily injury expense and/or more than $25,000 in property damage to your vehicle/property, then this is where the uninsured/underinsured motorist protection comes in.

Personal Injury Protection
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is available in certain states and is commonly referred to as “no-fault insurance.” PIP covers your medical bills and often lost wages resulting from a covered accident. Normally, PIP also covers the cost of personal services you must pay someone else to do for you as a result of a car accident. This is optional coverage.

Medical Payments
Medical Payments coverage applies regardless of who is at fault in an accident. It is designed to cover the cost of reasonable and necessary medical care provided to you as a result of a car accident. Like PIP, this is optional coverage.

Comprehensive coverage pays for damage caused by an event other than a car collision, such as fire, theft, vandalism, hail or flood. Comprehensive also covers damages that may result from hitting an animal, as well as the cost of a rental if your car is stolen. Comprehensive coverage is subject to a deductible amount that’s usually the same amount you choose for Collision coverage.

Collision coverage pays for damages to your vehicle, if it overturns or collides with another vehicle or object. Collision coverage is subject to a deductible of the amount that you choose (usually $500). We recommend that you select a deductible amount you are most comfortable with. If there is a Collision claim on your policy, you are usually responsible for covering your deductible out of pocket.

Rental Reimbursement
If you buy Rental Reimbursement coverage, your policy will reimburse you for rental car charges incurred while your vehicle is being repaired after a covered accident. In most cases, you can only buy Rental Reimbursement coverage if you buy Collision and Comprehensive.

Roadside Assistance
Roadside Assistance covers labor costs incurred at the time and place of your vehicle’s accident, as well as mechanical/electrical breakdowns, dead batteries, flat tires and/or lock-outs. This coverage will also help if you run out of gas. Coverage varies from company to company.

Did you know that you can lower your auto insurance rate even more when you combine your auto policy with our homeowners’ insurance? It’s true! So let us work with you to create the most cost-efficient protection available.

Contact us today for a FREE, no obligation insurance comparison and consultation!

Roger Welch Agency, LLC
Multiple companies, one agent.

The above Texas vehicle insurance descriptions and examples are meant to supplement, but not replace, the coverage detailed in your individual policy. Please refer to your actual policy contract language for coverage details.